Our Learning Journey

Welcome to our new class blog!

I will be sharing reflections on the work we are doing in the class as well as related links and media.

The most exciting feature about the new blog is that you can now find links to the students’ own blogs. The students will use these to share their own thoughts and questions about their learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom.

On Accuracy

The student blogs are meant to be spaces for students to reflect, share and further their learning. I’d like their posts to be snapshots of where they are on their learning journey as well as conversation starters with the larger community. This means the students need to express themselves clearly, even if their posts may contain some factual errors or misunderstandings. Instead of serving as a virtual presentation space, I want the blogs to be another place for students to work out their thinking. As such, when we find misunderstandings, we will share information with the students that challenges their thinking and ask them to share what they understand in light of the new information presented. As readers, I invite you to be an active participant in our learning by sharing connections you find to the things we are working on. This can be done on the main page or individual student blogs.

Looking forward to our journey.